February 25, 2014

Vegan Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pin It!
IIIIIIIIIIII'm back!
 
And I brought cookies!
 
Oh, and I also changed the commenting system - let me know what you think PLEASE.  I won't mind if you hate it, it is still growing on me ;)
 
(Crazy long weekends call for enormous amounts of cookies.  Goes without saying.)
 
And not just any cookies - these are intensely peanut butter-y and studded with smooth dark chocolate.  Although they are small, they pack a powerful punch of the world's best combo - chocolate and peanut butter! 

 
Ever since I tried chickpeas in raw cookie dough, I couldn't wait to try a peanut butter version.  Now, I've attempted beans in baking before and it didn't work.  At all.  So I was a little hesitant to try again.  But these cookies are incredible - they might just be my all time favorite peanut butter cookies.  They are thick, but not fluffy, like some bean based cookies are.  These are dense and a little crumbly.  Each bite tastes buttery, without the annoying greasiness of oil.  And there is nothing in the way of the peanut butter flavor; oh, except for the bites of chocolate, but I can't complain there.  I'll let you in on a little secret -
 
these have no butter
 
or oil
 
or flour
 
and, even though I love eggs, there aren't on the list either. 
 
Vegan chocolate chip peanut butter cookies.  That taste like chocolate chip peanut butter cookies.
 
Totally and completely true.

 
I love mini things and I wish I could say it was for the cute factor.  I'm pretty sure I like them because I can eat three or four or ten.  I'm pretty sure I did just that with these.
 
They are that good.
 
No one will guess they are healthy.  You could eat them for breakfast!  But I really don't like the title breakfast cookies - it makes me think of oat and banana and applesauce.  Don't get me wrong, I really like all of those ingredients, but not when I want something for dessert. 
 
These are healthy enough for breakfast but really and truly taste like dessert. 


 
Vegan Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Source: My Whole Food Life
Yield: 16 cookies

1-1/4 cup chickpeas, cooked
1/2 cup peanut butter + 2 tablespoons
1/3 cup honey *maple syrup for strict vegans*
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.
Drain chickpeas and rinse well with cold water.
Blend chickpeas in a good food processor.  (I used my Ninja)
Add peanut butter and honey and blend a couple times until smooth.  (Don't overblend or you'll "burn" your peanut butter)
Stir in baking powder.
Roll into balls; dough will be sticky, but that's okay.
Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
Press chocolate chips on top of cookie dough.
Bake for 12-14 minutes (mine were done at 12 minutes)
Let cool for a couple minutes.
Serve warm (amazing!) or let cool completely (also really good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection