May 17, 2013

Creamy Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie

Pin It!
Summer is a comin'!

Who am I kidding - summer is practically here!  And the best way to welcome it?  Sitting in an air conditioned room sipping this smoothie.  I'm loving the warm weather, but not the hot weather.  Warm means playing outside and enjoying yourself.  Hot means walking outside and sweating immediately.



The only downside to warm weather is that I promised myself I would start running when it got warm.  It's, uh, painful?  I do a walk/run combo for now, but I find myself waiting until 7 or 8 in the evening to avoid the very warm humidity.  I went out after lunch and promptly turned around and walked back inside.  I think I was sweating within 10 minutes.  I'm not acclimated yet, so I rewarded myself for my trek outside with this creamy strawberry lemonade smoothie.

I have seen and pinned half a dozen strawberry lemonade recipes.  It just sounds so perfect!  You all know I love my strawberries.  Maybe a little too much. 



This is strawberry lemonade banana smoothie hybrid you won't want to miss.  It gets it's creaminess from the banana and its tanginess from the lemon.  Throw in some bright red strawberries and you've got a smoothie that is fun to make, pretty to look at, and delicious to taste.

Don't worry about the lemon and banana conflicting.  Unless you way overdo the lemon like I did the first time I made this, the sweet and sour and creamy will be balanced.  Still not sold?  Think smooth and cold strawberries with lemon dancing through them. 

Summer smoothes are a comin'.  And if you want, in the next five minutes.

Smoothies take no time at all and are crazy good on warm days.  Oh forget it, they're amazing on cold days too.  But right now, they really hit the spot.

Creamy Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
Recipe Source: The Sweet {Tooth} Life
Yield: 1-2 servings

1/2 banana
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup crushed ice
1/2 cup cold water
1-3 tablespoons lemon juice
Sweetener: (optional) honey or sugar
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth.  Serve immediately.

Note:  The pics are from two different days with different lighting, so that it why one is pinker than the other:)

20 comments:

  1. I feel for you, Mary Frances! It is way tooo hot for me to run! (who am I kidding? 70o is way tooo hot for me!) Summer for me usually means biking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to try this! Do you think it would make a good breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right, you're the winter lover! Well, it's not sounding that bad right now ... You're right again:)
    I think it would work for a breakfast! I usually have something " grain" with a smoothie, but that's my personal preference. Let me know if you try it - be careful with the lemon juice though! I did like 1/4 cup the first time and needed several tbsp of honey/sugar to balance it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks mighty refreshing. I can't dare to allow a smoothie out of my Vitamix without some greens in it or it might become a nasty habit, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I need to do that because I'm afraid it's already a nasty habit! ;)

      Delete
  5. This is THE perfect smoothie for a warm spring morning!! Definitely gonna try this :) Thank you for this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it! Smoothies are a great way to kick off the day! LMK what you think!

      Delete
  6. Smoothies are the perfect snack! Looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been making juices and smoothies left and right lately! I love the combo of strawberries and lemonade. So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you post dome more! Refreshing drinks are all I seem to want right now:)

      Delete
  8. I love smoothies, especially in the warmer months. This looks delicious and refreshing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Tina, smoothies taste so good this time of year.

      Delete
  9. This is definitely the perfect drink for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be why I like summer so much; drinks like this taste so good!

      Delete
  10. YUMM!!! I always come away hungry when I get on your blog!!!!!!!!!! This looks super cool and I really want to make it now;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe! I always come away hungry for more novel when I get on your blog - a fair trade off, I think:)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection