May 8, 2013

Banana Bread Cream Cookies

Pin It!
This is what happens when banana bread and cookie dough get together.

All you have to do is close your eyes when you bite into one of these and you can taste both worlds.  It's amazing.  (Well, closing your eyes is optional, but highly recommended.)  Oh, and there are peanut butter chips in these, too.  Just saying.


Between the pudding mix and the banana, this is the softest cookie I've ever eaten.  By subbing mashed banana for some of the butter, the banana flavor, sweetness, and softness were all amped.  My fear was they would be gummy from the banana, but that fear was definitely unfounded.
Soft and thick banana cookies have stolen my once chocolate heart.
Did I mention cookie dough?  That amazing texture which only people who have snuck dough understand. And yet it still tastes like a baked cookie.  Despite the name, it doesn't have bread texture, just banana bread flavor.  Which is obviously amazing.   
I love these cookies.  Really, even more than any chocolate one I have made.


These are deceptive, I will admit.  They look plain and not very exciting, but just take that bite (close your eyes!) and you will be transported to banana bread cookie paradise.  Don't let their appearance fool you.



I got several "you're pudding banana cream pie pudding mix in cookies?" while I was making these.  However, there was not one family member who didn't like these.  All that was said was "can I have more?" when we ate these for dessert.  How could they not have?

Banana Bread Cream Cookies
Recipe Source: The Sweet {Tooth} Life

1/3 cup mashed banana (about one medium ripe banana)
1/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2-1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 pkg. banana cream pie pudding mix (4 serving)
3/4 tsp. salt
8 oz. peanut butter chips

Lightly grease cookie sheet.  Preheat oven to 350.

Whisk butter and mashed banana.  Whisk in sugars.  Add eggs and beat well after each addition.  Stir in vanilla. 

Add flour, soda, pudding mix and salt to banana mixture and stir until combined.  Fold in peanut butter chips.  Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. 


And if you want the ultimate case of soft banana cookie, bake 'em in cupcake pans.  Wow, now we are really talking soft.  Do it, you will thank yourself later.
 
 
Other pudding cookies from The Sweet {Tooth} Life:


 

4 comments:

  1. I can imagine how good they are! They sound and look SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I made them for the non chocoholics in our house but I ended up hoarding half the batch!

      Delete
  2. These are adorable! I looove banana bread, and I love cookies. Banana bread in cookie form sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't on having them turn out that way but I am SOOO glad they did!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your comments make my day!

DMCA.com Protection